We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
As a member of Walkers Shortbread Society I was provided with product for review, no other compensation was received and all opinions are my own. Post contains some links which will give me a small commission but will not increase your price when you shop through the.
Spring is here, finally! Beautiful skies here in Florida, comfortable weather (while it lasts), and birds singing. Like all kids, mine need frequent doses of sunshine and fresh air to thrive. Once it warms up a bit our favorite outdoor activity is to head to the park for a picnic. In this world of 3d movies, video games, and other high-tech toys a picnic makes a trip to the park more special. Before we head out there are 7 must haves for perfect picnics that we are sure to pack every time.
7 Must-Haves for Perfect Picnics
- Camera- I have to turn every event into at least a mini photo session so I put a camera (or at least a smartphone with a great camera) high on the list. Capture those memories now mom, they will go by so quickly! I am a scrapbooker so I couldn't resist these picnic stickers for my pages.
- Blanket- Invest in a pretty blanket to protect your clothes and create a table space in the great outdoors. This red gingham one is darling and folds up small for storage.
- Water- Bottled water is a must, when weather starts warming up it is especially important. Add a slice of lemon or lime to make it more special and not so boring. Even the kids will drink them down with a little fruit in them.
- Treats- Don't go for typical gummy fruit snacks or granola bars, pack something special that turns the everyday into something special. We love Walker Shortbread Cookies, they aren't overly sweet and the buttery cookie just melts in your mouth! I love the traditional variety but you can choose from things like Highlanders, Chocolate chip shortbread, and even chocolate Scottie dogs!
- Sunscreen- Even though the weather may not be summer hot you still want to at least put some good sunscreen on your face and bare shoulders. Spray sunscreen is a great option to toss into your picnic bag or basket.
- Wipes- We are long out of the baby stage but unscented wipes are still a must! Sticky hands, faces, dirty plates, runny noses, boo boos- all benefit from the supply of wipes in my bag,
- Activities– Pack one or two items for activities to get everyone up and moving together like a frisbee, badminton, football or a kite. Simple family games will become a fun tradition that can be enjoyed at every park visit and picnic.
Go all out and turn picnics into a regular thing. Grab a nice picnic basket to use like this one, while it's perfect for four it would also be great for a romantic picnic as well.
What's on your picnic must have list?