Have you been cutting your carb intake? This cheesy mashed cauliflower is the perfect low card side dish to any meal.
Related- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Cheesy mashed cauliflower is easy to make and the cheese really takes it over the top.
If you are short on time use store bought mashed cauliflower and doctor it up by adding cheese after warming it up.
Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower:
Head of Cauliflower
2 Tbsp butter
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1-1 1/2 c water
salt & pepper, to taste
large pot with lid
small baking dish
How to make Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Place the water and cauliflower in a large pot; cover with a lid. Cook for 15-20; til tender
Let set for about 10 minutes and place in a colander to let any excess water drain. Place back in pot and mash.
Add butter, salt, pepper & handful of shredded cheese; mix well. Place in small baking dish.
Related- Easy Herb Cloud Bread
Cover mashed cauliflower with remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or til cheese is melted.
You may also want to try our Parmesan and Herb Roasted Acorn Squash as another side option.
That was pretty simple huh? This can be made ahead of time then all you have to do is reheat.
- Head of Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1 1/2 c water
- salt & pepper, to taste
- large pot with lid
- small baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the water and cauliflower in large pot; cover with lid.
- Cook for 15-20; til tender
- Let set for about 10 minutes and place in colander to let any excess water drain.
- Place back in pot and mash
- Add butter, salt, pepper & handful of shredded cheese; mix well.
- Place in small baking dish.
- Cover mashed cauliflower with remaining cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes or til cheese is melted.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.