Why I made the Chicken and Cheese Ring:
My husband called me about 3:30 PM on his way home from work telling me his car died and it just so happened in a construction zone. I'm telling you, that's just our luck 🙂 We are blessed to have a wonderful friend and co-worker of hubby that didn't live far from where it died so he came to the rescue with a new battery. With this going on and not knowing when he was going to be home plus having the three boys needing all of mommy's attention, I needed something quick and easy. I had some crescent rolls in the fridge so I started to rack my brain. I looked in to the freezer and fridge for any other ideas that would pop out to me. ( You know cause they always jump at you.) So this is what I got.
Chicken and Cheese Ring
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 package shredded cheese, your choice
- 1/2 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
Note: Make sure your cream cheese is soft or it will be more difficult to work with.
Directions for Chicken and Cheese Ring:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix cream cheese and shredded cheese together. Add Chicken and seasonings; mix well
- Open both cans of crescent rolls and take apart so you have 4 rectangle instead of 8 triangles. Place your rectangle on the pizza pan and start over lapping each rectangle as you make a circle.( See Picture Below)
- Spoon chicken and cheese mixture on your rectangle circle; leaving small edge in the inside of each one.( See Picture Below)
- Take one rectangle and fold diagonally across the mixture; securing to the small edge that you left.Repeat until your circle is completely closed.( See Picture Below)
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with guacamole, sour cream, or your favorite salsa with the Chicken and Cheese Ring.
Chicken and Cheese Ring anyone?