“I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Dairy Queen. I received a product sample and promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
I can remember going to Diary Queen with my grandparents when I was a kid. My grandpa always ordered a dip cone! My grandma ordered whatever took her fancy in the moment and I simply had to have the Peanut Buster Parfait. A lot has changed at DQ since then. New things have been added to the menu and some old things have been taken off. Dairy Queen is celebrating their 75th “Fanniversary” this month (April). They've partnered with Oreo (oh that awesome chocolate cream stuffed cookie makes me ever so happy) and ask that you come celebrate the Blizzard and #GetUpsideDown with them. Oreo just happens to one of the best selling Blizzards of all time.
The goal of DQ is to reach 15 million Blizzard treat flips throughout the month of April. If they fail to flip your blizzard you get one free on your next visit. They want you to put them to the test!
We headed to our local DQ to test their mad flippin' skills. They recently reopened after being closed for several weeks for remodeling. I've noticed they have been really busy ever since they reopened. As you can tell from the above picture, they indeed offered up my Oreo Blizzard flipped.
Who doesn't like Oreo's and Ice Cream? (If you don't please don't tell me. We would have to stop being friends)
5 Things To Know About Dairy Queen
1. DQ soft serve was invented by a man who's nickname was “Grandpa”
2. Blizzards hit the scene in 1985, but DQ trademarked “Blizzard” in the 1950's. The original owners wanted name that everyone would associate with cold. Blizzard sure says cold to me.
3. Dairy Queen offers a Sugar Free line to it's customers. (I didn't know this!)
4. Dairy Queen uses Mashed Potatoes in their photos.(no wonder it looks so pretty)
5. Dairy Queen and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals have been partners since 1984. I love when companies do more)
So there you have it, 5 Things you should know and a personal invitation to #GetUpsideDown. Do you have a favorite that you order?
Check out what Dairy Queen is up to on Facebook
Tweet them on Twitter