Do you have some questionable essential oils you need to use up? Whip up a batch of these DIY Vapor Shower Melts.
Related- DIY Vaporub Shower Bombs
It seems like it is always allergy season around here. So, congestion is always an issue with us. Keeping a batch of these vapor rub shower melts helps with that.
Using the vapor shower melts right before bed is perfect for a good night of sleep. Ohhhhh, y’all add in about 15 drops of lavender if you know you’ll use the vapor shower melts at night. If you order the oil set I linked below from Plant Therapy, it comes with lavender too!
It’ll add a level of relaxation that will make falling asleep even easier. And, even if you use them during the day, the shower melts will only help you relax.
What do you need to make Vapor Shower Melts
1 1⁄2 cups baking powder
1⁄2 cup water
20 drops tea tree oil ( If you don’t have the oils needed and are looking to purchase them, I highly recommend this set. It has all but one of the oils in this recipe, is super high quality, and is super affordable. It’s what I use now.)
8 drops rosemary oil
4 drops peppermint oil
20 drops eucalyptus oil
Silicone mold (if you need to buy a mold, this link will get you a set of 5 molds plus two droppers)
How to make Vapor Shower Melts
1. In a bowl, add 1 1⁄2 cups of baking powder.
2. Add 1⁄2 cup of water and stir to form a paste.
3. Once a paste forms, spoon into a silicone mold.
4. Bake in an oven at 225 for 15-20 minutes.
5. Set out and allow to dry for about 4 hours until fully set.
Related - Vicks Vaporub and Essential Oils Shower Bombs
6. In a small dish, combine 20 drops of tea tree oil, 20 drops eucalyptus oil, 8 drops rosemary oil and 4 drops peppermint oil.
7. Remove melts from the mold.
8. Using a dropper, add a bit of the essential oil blend to the top of each shower disc.
9. Store in an airtight container.
Your DIY Vapor Shower Bombs are now ready to be used. These also make a fantastic gift, especially to someone you know deals with seasonal allergies. Giving the gift of breathing to yourself or someone else is priceless.
I’m totally going to remake these DIY vapor shower melts and add lavender. I can’t wait to see how they smell. If y’all add lavender be sure to come let me know what you think!
Related- Lotion Bars Recipe with Essential Oils
DIY Vapor Shower Melts
DIY Vapor Shower Melts
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus oil
- 8 drops rosemary oil
- 4 drops peppermint oil
- In a bowl, add 1 1⁄2 cups of baking powder.
- Add 1⁄2 cup of water and stir to form a paste.
- Once a paste forms, spoon into a silicone mold.
- Bake in an oven at 225 for 15-20 minutes.
- Set out and allow to dry for about 4 hours until fully set.
- In a small dish, combine 20 drops of tea tree oil, 20 drops eucalyptus oil, 8 drops rosemary oil and 4 drops peppermint oil.
- Remove melts from the molds.
- Using a dropper, add a bit of the essential oil blend to the top of each shower disc.
- Store in an airtight container.