Do you love easy gel sensory activities for your child? They are a wonderful way to exercise creativity as well as encourage fine motor skills! Take a look below at this easy sensory gel activity you can make and enjoy with your child. In just minutes, and for just pennies, you can make this sensory gel perfect for getting children active.
Easy Gel Sensory Activity
Plastic, zip lock bags
Clear hair gel
Red food coloring
Most dollar stores have hair gel like the variety we used here for just $1. It is perfect for this project!
1. Begin by placing ½ cup of the hair gel in a bowl. You may use more or less depending on the size of your bag.
2. Add in 2-3 drops of red food coloring. Use more or less depending on how deep you want the hue.
3. Stir well until the color is mixed.
4. Take a spoon and transfer the colored gel into the bag.
5. Zip the bag closed. You can now flatten the gel out so it spreads evenly in the bag.
To use your sensory gel, use your finger on the top of the bag to create designs and shapes. As you can see, a heart is an easy design to try!
Gather your supplies and give this easy sensory gel activity a try!