Want to know how to make Kirstin's Famous Lasagna?? Don't they all. Just
Everyone in my house loves my lasagna. I make this at least once or twice a month. I don't normally share my lasagna recipe, but I thought maybe I would be nice this time 🙂
Here's what you will need for Kirstin's Famous Lasagna:
- 1-29 0z can of tomato sauce
- 1-29 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1-8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-8 oz container ricotta cheese
- 6 lasagna noodle ( I also usually throw a couple extra in just in case one rips)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 10×13 baking dish
- garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning-to taste
- foil to cover
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. You are going to start your water for your noodles and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, put your noodles in.
3. While your noodles are cooking, start browning your sausage. By the time your sausage is browned, your noodles should be done.
4. Drain the water from your noodles and put cool water in the pan as the noodles will continue to cook unless cooled.
5. While noodles are cooling, pour your tomatoes and tomato sauce in with your sausage; heat thoroughly. This is when you will add your spices to taste.
6. Once you have the taste you would want your sauce to be, ladle just enough to cover the bottom of your dish.
7. Take 3 of your noodles and cover the sauce.
8. Take tablespoons of ricotta and place on noodles; spread to cover noodles.
9. Take 1/2 of the mozzarella and cover the ricotta.
10. Cover the cheese with more sauce: then a layer of noodles.
11. Repeat steps 7-9 minus the noodle part.
12. Cover with foil and cut small slits in it.
13. Bake for an hour; remove foil after that hour.
14. Take the other 1/2 of the mozzarella and cover the top of the lasagna; return to oven for cheese to melt.
15. Let cool for 10-15 minutes; this allows the lasagna to rest.
Dish out a nice size piece for yourself and enjoy!!
Why not make some French Style Green Beans and some Garlic Toast for the sides??
I didn't rip any noodles so I took the 2 that I had left over and chopped them up. I also had some sauce, ricotta, and mozzarella left. I went ahead and make a little lasagna. This was done before the big one so I decided to snack on it. Shhhh don't tell the kids!!