Y’all know that I don’t have much patience for cooking so when I do it’s gotta be something relatively easy and this Frosted Cranberry Sugar Cookie recipe is easy and delicious.
These Cappuccino Chip Cookies are perfect for the coffee lovers on your list.
Frosted Cranberry Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the frosting-
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
For cranberry topping-
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together butter and sugar 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place onto the parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are turning golden on the bottom.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- After making your frosting add your chopped cranberries and tablespoons of sugar together so that the cranberries are coated.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spoon a small amount of the frosting onto your cookie, then top with a few pieces of chopped sugared cranberries.
- Allow cookies to sit so the frosting can harden. Enjoy, or store in the refrigerator.