If you deal with insomnia or just like to relax with a warm cup of something before bed, this Lavender Moon Milk recipe is the drink for you.
Be sure to check out this What is Moon Milk post for more information on the drink, it’s ingredients, and their benefits.
Relaxing before bed can be hard when you have a lot on your plate. A warm cup of tea is always comforting but sometimes you need to mix up your nightly beverage.
I’ve linked the ingredients below with products incase you need recommendations on where to get the ingredients to use in the recipe.
Lavender Moon Milk Recipe
1. Place your milk into a pot over the stove. Add in your ginger and turmeric root and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Once your milk and roots have finished simmering for 30 mins, add in your cardmon, ashwaganda, cinnamon, lavender and pepper.
5. Let steep for 5 minutes.
6. Place your milk and herbs in a blender with your coconut oil and honey.
7. Blend until frothy.
Pour into a cup and drink warm, before bed.
Dried ginger or turmeric powder can be used in place of the fresh roots. In this case, don’t simmer for 30 minutes. Instead bring milk to a boil and add in all of your herbs and let steep for 5 minutes. Then add in your oil and honey and blend.
*When using fresh roots, you need to simmer for longer to bring out the good for you properties of the roots. When using dried roots in powder form, they are ready for absorption.
No matter if you use fresh or dried ingredients for this recipe be sure to use quality ingredients.
- 1 Cup of milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp of Coconut oil
- ¼ tsp of fresh Ginger or powder
- 1/2 tsp of fresh turmeric or turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp of ashwaganda powder
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Small pinch of lavender
- The tiniest pinch of Black pepper (helps body absorb the turmeric)
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
- Place your milk into a pot over the stove. Add in your ginger and turmeric root and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat.
- Once your milk and roots have finished simmering for 30 mins, add in your cardmon, ashwaganda, cinnamon, lavender and pepper
- Let steep for 5 minutes
- Place your milk and herbs in a blender with your coconut oil and honey.
- Blend until frothy.
- Pour into a cup and drink warm, before bed
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 131mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 29g Protein: 9g
Watch the video on YouTube