This simple chocolate lasagna dessert recipe is simple and delicious. Full of chocolate layers and taste, it's safe to say that you've never had a dessert quite like this. If you love simple desserts be sure to try this Pecan Pie Cobbler recipe.
When you hear the word lasagna, you more than likely think of dinner. I know, I'm usually right there with you. But putting the word chocolate in there right in the beginning changes everything! (and in an awesome way!)
We love to make this simple chocolate dessert lasagna all year round because it's always simple to make and good to eat.
Make it a fun dinner and whip up a homemade lasagna for them to eat as the main dish and then give them a slice of this chocolate lasagna for dessert.
What is Chocolate Lasagna
It's just like it sounds! It's layers of delicious and sweet flavors that resembles how a lasagna looks. It has a chocolate cookie crust (usually Oreo's) followed by a layer of cream cheese and chocolate pudding and then topped with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, chocolate shavings, or chocolate chips.
Ingredients for Chocolate Lasagna
The great part of this recipe is that while there are several ingredients for chocolate lasagna most of the ingredients are simple and easy. Gather up the ingredients listed below to get started:
- 1 package family size oreo cookies
- • 6 tbsp butter
- • 2 (3.9 oz) chocolate pudding mix
- • 3 1⁄4 cup milk
- • 8 oz cream cheese
- • 1⁄4 cup sugar
- • 2 tbsp heavy cream
- • 1 tsp vanilla
- • 4 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (cool whip or homemade)
- • chocolate sprinkles
- • 9×13 pan
- • cooking spray
- • food processor
How to make Chocolate Lasagna
Coat your 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
In a food processor, blend cookies until a fine crumb. *If you don't have a food processor or blender, use a
Melt butter and combine with cookie crumbs.
Press cookie crumb and butter mixture into the bottom of your 9×13 pan.
Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes while completing the next step.
Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until well blended and smooth.
Spread cream cheese mixture on cookie crumb layer. Freeze for 10 minutes while completeing the next step.
Make chocolate pudding by combining 3 1⁄4 cup milk with pudding powder. Let set and spread over cream cheese layer. Freeze for 10 minutes while completing the next step.
Whipping cream can be applied to the top layer simply with a spatula or with a piping tool to create a fancier look.
Top with chocolate sprinkles.
Cover and freeze for 3 hours or overnight. Freezing makes it easier to cut your Chocolate dessert lasagna.
Can you make Chocolate Dessert Lasagna ahead of time
One of that things that makes Chocolate Dessert Lasagna such a favorite is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. .
You can freeze Chocolate Lasagna up to 2 weeks. It may store longer, I've just never tried to. Assemble it and place in the freezer to set. Once it's frozen cover tightly. Once you are ready to use it, take it out and let it thaw in the fridge.
Can you use a different flavor pudding
Yes, you can use a different flavor of pudding in this chocolate lasagna recipe. Cookies and Cream pudding was used in this Cookies and Cream Chocolate Lasagna. White Chocolate pudding would also be a great substitute for the chocolate pudding in a chocolate lasagna recipe.
Can I use homemade whipped cream in chocolate lasagna
Yes, you can use homemade whipped cream in place of the Cool whip. Homemade whipped cream would make for a richer tasting dessert lasagna. Sprinkle in a little cocoa powder and make homemade chocolate whipped cream for another variation of this chocolate lasagna recipe.
Don't miss my Pumpkin Pie Wontons recipe! The perfect bite-sized treats!
- 1 package family size oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 (3.9 oz) chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄4 cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (cool whip or homemade)
- chocolate sprinkles
- Additional Items:
- 9x13 pan
- cooking spray
- food processor
- Coat your 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, blend cookies until a fine crumb. *If you don't have a food processor or blender, use a ziploc bag and a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
- Melt butter and combine with cookie crumbs.
- Press cookie crumb and butter mixture into the bottom of your 9x13 pan.
- Place pan in freezer for 10 minutes while completing the next step.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until well blended and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on cookie crumb layer. Freeze for 10 minutes while completing the next step.
- Make chocolate pudding by combining 3 1⁄4 cup milk with pudding powder. Let set and spread over cream cheese layer. Freeze for 10 minutes while completing the next step.
- Add layer of whipped cream
- Top with sprinkles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 210mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g