We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Do you suffer from cough and nasal congestion? VapoRub is perfect for helping ease the symptoms of the common cold, including cough and congestion. If you want to enjoy the magic of VapoRub while you shower, these VapoRub Shower Bombs are the perfect solution.
DIY VapoRub Shower Bombs
You can make your own VapoRub Shower Bombs using just three ingredients and in just a few minutes. Looking for a more natural recipe try my Vapor Shower Bombs using Essential Oils The end result is the perfect little VapoRub Bomb perfect for transforming your shower into a vapor filled oasis. Here is how you can get started.
3 tablespoons of VapoRub
1 cup of corn starch
Blue and green food coloring (optional)
2 tablespoons of water
1. In a bowl add in the three tablespoons of VapoRub. You can use any variety of VapoRub you wish. We used a basic formula that was suitable for all ages.
2. Stir in the cup of corn starch. Mix well. You will notice that the VapoRub takes a little time to soften. Just be patient and continue to stir until it meshes well with the corn starch.
3. Add in the two tablespoons of water. As you mix, you may feel the need to add more. If so, don’t add more than a teaspoon at a time.
4. When your mixture is smooth and even, add in a drop of green and a drop of blue food coloring. Continue to stir. This step of course is optional. Adding the color will not harm your bathtub or your water, so feel free to use it or omit it.
5. Once the color is mixed in well, scoop the mixture into your hand. It will have a play dough feel to it. Knead it into a ball and set on a piece of wax paper.
Your VapoRub bath bomb is now ready to be used. To use, place it on the floor of your bathtub and shower as usual. The water will break up the bomb and the whole shower will fill with vapors.
If you don’t want to use your bombs right away, you can freeze them until needed.
Gather your supplies and give this recipe for VapoRub Shower Bombs a try! They are such an easy and excellent way to ease symptoms of a pesky cold. Even if you aren't experiencing frustrations from a cold, they are a refreshing addition to your shower that definitely help you to wake up in the morning.
Whether you are looking for something today to use for your cold or flu symptoms or a great homemade body product for later, make sure to bookmark this post or pin this to Pinterest so you always have it on hand for easy access in the future. Don't forget to check out the posts listed below for even more ideas for great homemade products to try!